Resorts St Petersburg Florida
Still undecided on where to take the family for vacation this year? Getting tired of scrolling through travel brochures or endless web searches? Well, you can relax now, you’ve made it to the last site you’re going to need in this quest. While of course it could be said that we’re a little biased since we’re one of the best resorts St Petersburg Florida, by the time you’ve finished reading this page we have no doubt that you’ll be convinced too.
- The Salvador Dali Museum.
- Sunken Gardens.
- The Tampa Bay Rays professional baseball team.
- Busch Gardens.
- Adventure Island waterpark.
- Sports fishing, boating and fly diving (water jetpacks).
- Home to the star of the Dolphin Tale movies and the shooting location for both films, Clearwater Marine Museum.
- Snorkeling with the dolphins and dolphin watch tours.
- Six art districts.
- A library built in 1915.
- Leepa-Ratner Museum of Art.
- Museum of Fine Arts.
- The Florida Holocaust Museum.
- Morean Arts Center (with a have-to-see-to-believe glass sculptures).
- Captain Memo’s Original Pirate Cruise.
- The St. Pete/Clearwater Craft Beer Trail.
- Concerts at Palladium Theater.
- Performances at Mahaffey Theater.
- Plays at American Stage.
- Zip-Lining at Empower Adventures Tampa Bay.
- Great Explorations Children’s Museum.
- Tampa Bay Automobile Museum.
- Tampa Bay Blues Festival.
- Mainsail Arts Festival.
- Open-air markets.
- The Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail.
- Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club Spring training for the Toronto Blue Jays, New York Yankees and Philadelphia Phillies.
- Clearwater Super Boat Races.
- Florida Botanical Gardens.
- 35 miles of beautiful beach.
- Vinoy Renaissance Resort & Golf Club, St. Pete
- Nightlife venues
- Art walks
- Music festivals
- So very, very much more.
Still Not Convinced? Keep Reading!
Staying at resorts near St. Petersburg, Florida means that you have access to super-sized fun no matter what time of year that it is. In St. Pete Beach, we have events and festivals throughout each season but be sure to book your room at Saint Pete Beach Suites early as some of these events are super popular.
- Clyde Butcher: Visions of Dali’s Spain (now – 11/25/18) – The Dali’s summer exhibition featuring Dali’s homeland visually documented by the renowned photographer, Clyde Butcher.
- Clearwater Super Boat National Championship & Seafood Festival (9/28/18 – 9/30/18) – One of the top boat races in the state that also features parades and a village with food vendors and live entertainment.
- SHINE St. Pete Mural Festival (10/6/18 – 10/14/18) – showcasing artists from around the world and their vibrant
- Clearwater Jazz Holiday (10/18/18 – 10/21/18) – Enjoy the beautiful waterfront settings while you relax and enjoy some great smooth jazz from world class musicians.
- Oldsmar Oktoberfest (10/19/18 – 10/21/18) – Authentic German food and beer served in the Oktoberfest Village where you’ll be transported to a world of family fun, good times and good cheer!
- Clearwater Chalk Art Festival (10/19/18 – 10/21/18) – Beautiful art comes to life and this 3 day event features a kid zone, arts & crafts vendors, and more.
- John’s Pass Seafood & Music Festival (10/25/18 – 10/28/18) – A 4 day celebration featuring live music, a Halloween Block Party and costume contests, Gulf Fishing Tournament, the World’s Largest Bloody Mary Toast and, or course, fresh seafood from the Gulf.
- 25th Anniversary Old Salt King of the Beach Fishing Tournament (11/8/18 – 11/10/18) – The largest Kingfish tournament and festival in the country with over $225,000 in cash prizes, kids zone, a food festival, marine and art vendors, live music and more.
- Ribfest (11/9/18 – 11/11/18) – this 3 day festival draws in thousands of visitors for excellent ribs and rocking live music from nationally touring bands taking to 2 stages and playing country, classic and southern rock.
- 10th Annual Sanding Ovations Master’s Cup Competition (11/14/18 – 11/18/18) – Watch as ten sand-sculpting masters from throughout North America, Europe and Asia show off their skills and you can enjoy live music, food, a craft market and a children’s area featuring sand sculpting lessons.
- Holiday Lights in the Gardens (11/23/18 – 12/30/18) – Located at the Florida Botanical Gardens, this holiday paradise features more than 750,000 lights that will captivate guests of all ages and only requires a small donation.
- Outback Bowl Beach Day (12/30/18) – This free event is open to the public and features two college football teams and their cheerleaders and bands, participate in a number of competitions before their big game against each other on New Year’s Day at Raymond James Stadium for the Outback Bowl.
- Tarpon Springs Epiphany (1/6/19) – A tradition dating back over 100 years that honors the baptism of Jesus. The event is free and food, drink, live music and special events are available throughout the day.
- MLK National Parade & Family Day (1/21/19) – Featuring the nation’s longest-distance running parade, join the celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day with the parade, Battle of the Bands, Drum Line Extravaganza, a kids zone, entertainment, and more.
- Clearwater Sea Blues Festival (2/23/19 – 2/25/19) – Three days of blues from local and international recording artists along with some of the area’s finest seafood.
- Opa! Palooza ( 6/8/18 – 6/10/18) – A 3-day festival celebrating Greek heritage and culture with live music, food, pastries, vendors and a lot more fun.
- Pete Pride Weekend (6/22/18 – 6/24/18) – A celebration of equality in the LGBTQ+ community, this 3-day event features a massive street parade, a benefit concert, a huge nighttime parade, street vendors, live music and more.
- Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg (3/8/19 – 3/10/19) – For 3 days downtown St. Pete is transformed into an IndyCar racetrack and you can watch drivers race at speeds of over 170 mph on a 14-turn course.
- PGA Golf Valspar Championship (3/21/19 – 3/24/19) – This renowned tournament takes place at the famous Copperhead Course at the Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club in Palm Harbor and features 144 PGA TOUR golfers and benefits many local area charities.
- Dunedin Highland Games (4/6/19) – In a town founded by two Scotsmen in the 1800s, it’s no wonder that the Highland game days here are something special. Enjoy pipe bands, food, traditional dancing and athletics, music, and even shop for a kilt to take home for yourself.
- Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival (4/12/19 – 4/28/19) – Over 2 full weeks of fun that sees more than 1,000 tons of sand to life in a 21,000 square-foot walk-through display. You can also enjoy street performers, a master sand sculpting competition, artisans, speed sand demonstrations, sand sculpting classes, a children’s play area, live entertainment, fireworks and more.
- Tampa Bay Blues Festival (4/12/19 – 4/14/19) – Featuring 3 days of blues on the Bay held along the picturesque downtown St. Petersburg waterfront in Vinoy Park.
- Mainsail Art Festival (4/20/19 – 4/21/19) – 200+ visual artists and craftspeople entices 100,000 attendees to visit every year. Admission is free and is one of the nation’s most charming art festivals.
Make the Call!
Now that you’re ready to stay at one of the Best Resorts St Petersburg Florida, call us at 1-727-360-7233 and book your beautiful suite with Beachfront hotels in st petersburg FL. And don’t worry, if you get here and somehow still have trouble finding something fun to do, our staff will be more than happy to provide some more options.